Sunday, April 17, 2011

April Update

Memorizing the MAP.

With 8 weeks to go until the start of the Sabbatical, plans are starting to gel!

#1 I've decided to add 2 weeks of vacation onto my 8 weeks of Sabbatical, for a total of 10 weeks of the life I'm supposed to be leading

#2 Husband is exploring possibility of doing a review of his industry (Green Roofs - like the kind on which you plant trees) while we are in Europe, thus enabling his stay to be longer.

#3 Youngest son's friend is going to be in Geneva at same time as we are in France.  Nick's oldest brother is starting an advanced degree, of some sort, in the Fall and will have an apartment that Nick and his mom are planning to make use of.  Meeting them, or traveling with them will add a whole new element of entertainment.

#4 Friend from Hong Kong looks like she will indeed be able to meet me in Europe for part of my 'alone' time.

#5 I discovered that the Taize monestary/retreat center/center of the whole movement is in between Paris and Geneva.  2-3 days just doing chants and quiet would be amazing.  I hope not too 'religious' for this Quaker gal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/priests/taize_1.shtml

http://www.taize.fr/en




#6 The idea of organizing trip details on index cards came to me in the middle of the night.  I'm going to capture each element on a card, stick them on the wall and organize them as they start to make sense.  And at least I'll get everything captured, and out of my head!!

Wow, it's looking better and better.  Too bad tickets are about $1500 each at this point.  For some reason I just can't bring myself to hit the BUY button.  I'm assuming that is for good reason (and that reason will eventually become obvious or go away).  As I wait for the 'all clear' signal to go off, I continue to plan/research.

No comments:

Post a Comment